Generation Food Gulu is a project implemented by Rikolto in East Africa and SHONA and funded by YOUCA and DOEN Foundation. Generation Food aims at identifying and supporting innovative business solutions contributing to a sustainable and inclusive food system in and around Gulu.
Who are we looking for?
- Entrepreneurs between 18 – 35 years old
- Starting or running an agribusiness in or around Gulu that is maximum 3 years old
With innovative and sustainable ideas in:
- Food production
- Climate-smart farming (e.g. irrigation, agroforestry, organic farming, agroecology, regenerative agriculture)
- Post-harvest management
- Transport and logistics
- Food safety and quality
- Sales channels, e.g markets and other forms of selling food
- Food waste management
- Technology – Digital agricultural solutions or New innovative agricultural machinery
- Education services provided to farmers, e.g Good Agricultural Practices trainings
Operating in these value chains:
- Grains, cereals and oil seeds (e.g. beans, wheat, rice, maize, sunflower, groundnuts)
- Fruits and vegetables
Women entrepreneurs are especially encouraged to apply Entrepreneurs living in rural areas around Gulu are encouraged to apply
What’s in it for you?
- Business training in various topics to help you grow your business for up to 2 years
- Top finalists will have access to Ugx. 3.5 million and Ugx. 35 million in investment
- Access to markets for qualifying businesses